Volcano Sushi- Shelby Township MI

Julie's Sushi Rating System

My rating system for sushi is on the standard 4 point scale. I decide in each category by a number of dollar signs($).
$- Okay, or cheap/inexpensive
$$- Good or moderately priced
$$$- Great or expensive
$$$$- Fantastic or very expensive/high priced

However, I will also be rating the following as well to be included in my final 4 point scale.

Service: How was the service, did I get my order in a timely matter?
Price: How was the price compared to the quality of the sushi?
California Roll: How yummy was the California Roll?
Variety: Did they just have your standard sushi rolls or were there a wide variety along with a twist on the traditional rolls?


Overall Rating: $$$$
Price Rating: $$

Josh and I stopped at Volcano Sushi on Tuesday, June 13th for a very pleasant dinner date. Overall, the sushi and the service were fantastic. When we arrived there it was very busy. It's not a very large restaurant but they have enough room for it not to be overcrowded. Our waitress was very timely with showing us a table that we could have a set at and bringing us the menus. I'd say we looked at the menu for 10 minutes and we ordered. They are very accommodating, we ordered the combination dinner, (you get to choose 4 different rolls from the selection they have listed) I asked if we could substitute a different roll in for an additional charge, our waitress had to check but she came back within 2 minutes and said not a problem! We placed our order right after a very large group so we expected to wait, however, our sushi was ready right after the other group received theirs, I'd say a 15-minute max. With our dinner we received miso soup, it was good, just your generic miso soup. (can't go wrong with miso) For our four sushi rolls we had; Hall Road, American Dream, Samurai Roll and the Volcano Roll. My favorite by far was the Hall Road Roll, then I would say the American Dream! Josh's favorite was the Samurai Roll and we both enjoy the Volcano Roll. (it has a kick to it) I didn't try their California Roll but I will definitely be coming back to try more of their different sushi rolls. Volcano Sushi has a wide variety of rolls and specialty rolls which is perfect! Means I will have to make multiple trips to try them all! If you do check them out (which I highly recommend) bring a friend so you can try more sushi when you go! They do have Happy Hour and Lunch Specials! Also, we left paying $46, including tip and a lemonade which for two people that's very reasonable! 


Click Here to view Volcano Sushi's website!




Bottom to Top; Hall Road, American Dream, Samurai Roll. Separate Plate: Volcano Roll





I hope you enjoy my review and if you have any place you think I should check out let me know! I love new places.You can catch up with me on the following social media applications.

LinkedInInstagram, Snapchat and Twitter: @jmfox02

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When in Traverse City, MI - Red Ginger is a Must!

Randazzo Fresh Market- Clinton Township, MI