When in Traverse City, MI - Red Ginger is a Must!

Julie's Sushi Rating System
My rating system for sushi is on the standard 4 point scale. I decide in each category by a number of dollar signs($).
$- Okay, or cheap/inexpensive
$$- Good or moderately priced
$$$- Great or expensive
$$$$- Fantastic or very expensive/high priced


However, I will also be rating the following as well to be included in my final 4 point scale.


Service: How was the service, did I get my order in a timely matter?
Price: How was the price compared to the quality of the sushi?
California Roll: How yummy was the California Roll?
Variety: Did they just have your standard sushi rolls or were there a wide variety along with a twist on the traditional rolls?


Overall Rating: $$$$
Price Rating: $$$

Vacation time and of course I had to go out for sushi one night! Who doesn't go on vacation and try different sushi? Along with the absurd amounts of Superman ice cream, I had over the past weekend, the sushi was absolutely phenomenal. It was date night for Josh and I and I found Red Ginger while walking around downtown a couple days before. They had their menu posted outside and it instantly caught my eye. We came in for dinner and the place was packed, we didn't make a reservation but was lucky that a high top in the sushi bar area opened up. We sat down and our waitress pop over right away, she was sensational. She told us the specials and brought water over while we checked out the menu. We ordered the Crab Dip which probably the best thing I've tasted in awhile! For sushi rolls we order the Sushi Trio which is three of Red Ginger's most popular rolls; Red Dragon, California Roll and Spicy Tuna Roll. Along with the Trio, we ordered a Shrimp Tempura Roll. The Red Dragon was both my and Josh's favorite. It was by far their best roll. The California Roll was good but it was just your generic Cali roll, made with a crab stick. The Spicy Tuna was very good as well. The Shrimp Tempura Roll was different from any Shrimp Tempura Roll I've had before but it was delicious. I believe they add something to the batter, not exactly sure. In total we spent $56 not including tip. The Crab Dip was $15 for a small portion but I would go back just to eat all of the Crab Dip.. Haha. They did have a large variety of sushi but not it was not as many as you would see from a local sushi place in the Metro Detroit area. If you are looking for a new restaurant to try while on vacation in Traverse City I highly recommend checking them out! They do have a dress code - dress business casual/professional! 


Click here to view Red Ginger's website!



Left to Right: Shrimp Tempura, California Roll, Spicy Tuna, 
Bottom Roll: Red Dragon



I hope you enjoy my review and if you have any place you think I should check out let me know! I love new places.You can catch up with me on the following social media applications.

LinkedInInstagram, Snapchat and Twitter: @jmfox02

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Randazzo Fresh Market- Clinton Township, MI

Volcano Sushi- Shelby Township MI